Robert F. Friedman, M.D., F.A.A.O.
“Good vision is vital to your enjoyment of life. That’s why you want the best possible care for your precious asset. I’ve dedicated myself to staying on top of the latest, safest vision technology in vision care that can enhance your sight and your quality of life.”
An Education Focused On You
“It takes more than a college education to teach an ophthalmologist the numerous variables that can complicate a patient’s vision or eye health. With my extensive education and advanced training, I can be trusted to recommend the best eye care for you."
- Board-Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellowship: Cornea/External Disease/ Refractive Surgery, Dean A. McGee Eye Institute, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- Residency: Ophthalmology, Friedenwald Eye Institute, Maryland General Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- MD: University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Seeing The Future Of Eye Care
“Professional memberships are another way I work to keep current on new developments in my field. And more important, my membership standings are ways my patients can be assured that I’m providing them with a level of care they can feel confident about.”
- Fellow: American Academy of Ophthalmology Member: American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery; Maryland Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Hospital Affiliations: Maryland General Hospital, Carroll Hospital Center
- Chief of Department: Ophthalmology, Carroll Hospital Center
- Medical Director: Carroll County Eye Surgery Center
Looking Out For Your Comfort And Safety
“I became an ophthalmologist not only because I wanted to help people with their vision problems, but because I find eye care truly fascinating. There are always new discoveries in my field, and with each I ask myself how it can best be implemented at the Center for Total Eye Care to benefit our patients.”
- Published Author: Dr. Friedman’s research has been featured in several professional publications, including Clinical Transplantation, Maryland Medical Journal, American Journal of Ophthalmology and Archives of Ophthalmology.
- Awards: Administrative Chief Resident of Ophthalmology, Friedenwald Eye Institute, Maryland General Hospital; Maryland State Senatorial Scholarship, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore MD; Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- Appointed: Co-Director, Cornea Services, Friedwald Eye Institue, Maryland General Hospital Residency Program, Baltimore, MD