Cynthia H. Jun, O.D., F.A.A.O.
"Ever since I can remember, I have enjoyed the sciences. After I received my Bachelor of Science Degree, I became interested in optometry. I chose the profession because it enables me to affect the quality of a patient's life and how they function day to day. It's very rewarding to know that I've made it easier for someone to read a book, watch a movie, or see a loved one. "
My Educations Becomes Your Education
“The best treatment for any condition is patient education. I have learned that the more a patient learns about his or her particular condition, whether it’s myopia or a progressive disease, the more effective the treatment. We all are more inclined to follow a regimen if we know not only what we’re being treated for, but why. Taking the time to share my knowledge with patients makes a big difference in their care.”
- OD: Doctor of Optometry: University of California, Berkeley, School of Optometry (#1 ranked optometry school by the Gourman Report)
- BS: Psychobiology, University of California, Los Angeles
- Resident: Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Benefitting From Professional Organizations
“I enjoy working closely with the doctors in my office as well as other doctors in my field. Being a member of professional organizations allows me to exchange ideas and information that will ultimately benefit my patients.”
- Member: American Academy of Optometry, American Optometric Association, Maryland Optometric Association.
- Certified: TPA Optometrist
Advanced Training And Exposure
“At Berkeley, while completing my rotations in specialty contact lenses, low vision and electrodiagnostics, I made it a priority to perform research for the latest eye care developments, so I can give you the most advanced clinical training in the diagnosis and management of ocular disease. My research and clinical experience has enabled me to provide a full spectrum of primary-care needs.”
- Research: Mechanisms of Corneal Infection, Efficacy of Glaucoma Medications Lecture
- Presentations: Baltimore VAMC, Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Transient Monocular Visual Loss, Diabetic Papillopathy and Diabetic Retinopathy, Traumatic Hyphema
- World Languages: Spanish and Korean
“I have been going to Dr. Jun for several years - she is great!!! She is very thorough during the exam & always takes time to answer questions! I highly recommend Dr. Jun!" ~ Peggy